How do I find someone to buy my car?
If you’ve done it yourself, you may know that it may be a tiresome chore at the very least. In that case, you might decide to put aside the art of persuading someone to buy it, and simply sell your car!
The Art of Persuasion
- appearance is everything, you may tell yourself as you clean – maybe even polish – and vacuum the car in preparation for showing it to potential buyers;
- you might then spend a good deal of time carefully drafting the most persuasive copy for an advert to go in the for sale columns of your local newspaper or a car sales website;
- you may even want to write out a card and go to the effort of taking a photograph of the vehicle to place in your local newsagent’s window;
- then comes the time for you to sit by your telephone, waiting for it to ring when an interested buyer calls – you may wait some more;
- at last, there may be an interested call – someone might want to buy my car! – you arrange for a viewing and, inevitably, you are likely to get a request for a test drive;
- it may be a perfectly reasonable request, of course, but it is still your responsibility to ensure that the car is taxed and has a valid MOT – not only that, but whether the interested buyer is also insured to take it for a test drive;
- even if the potential buyer still seems interested, there is typically a negotiating session when you get back to your driveway as the buyer tries to beat you down in price;
- if you agree the sale, you might be left wondering whether you obtained the best price possible;
- as you watch the eventual buyer finally driving off in your car, you might also need to place your trust in his cheque actually clearing the bank;
No Persuasion Needed
- on the other hand, you might save yourself all this hard work, time and effort simply by selling your car directly to a professional dealer such as ourselves;
- just by filling in your car’s registration number on our website and giving a few details about the vehicle, you are then called back to confirm your interest in selling the car and to discuss its general condition;
- based purely on those facts – rather than any artful persuasion on your part – you are given a professional valuation, guaranteed to hold good (as long as you have been truthful);
- there is no need to spruce up the car, tax it or insure it, since we’ll arrange collection at no extra cost to you;
- you receive the full valuation price then and there – paid in cash, by cheque or by banker’s draft – without paying any fees to the company;
- all you have to do was to ask us: “please buy my car”!
Ready to sell your car? Click here to request a free, no-obligation quote from SouthernCarBuyers.com today!
Want to find out more? Head over to our How It Works page for details.